Google social networking is fast becoming a favorite site. Even so, many people are confused about how to use the Google social networking site effectively.
With new features being added all the time, the depth and breadth of Google Plus is chock full of ways for you market yourself.
Even if you feel left out, powering up your Google social networking now will surely reward you in the future. Google+ is becoming one of the top social media networks and if you are not playing nice over there, you could be leaving a big chunk of marketing behind!
You may be wondering is Google the new Facebook? More than just an online hangout place, Google Plus was designed around value-based relationships between people. So many people are still ignoring Google social networking because they don’t see the value or they are die-hard Facebookers.
You’ll find that most Google social media Plussers have little tolerance for “link bombers” or other in-your-face pitching that is common on Facebook.
To get the most out of your experience with Google social networking, you need to understand a few guidelines that will help you build relationships and get people circling you like crazy.
Google Social Networking Tips
To be effective with Google social networking, you need to stick with some key habits so people don’t uncircle you! I found an awesome video about The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Google Plussers that explains it perfectly!
Here is the list of habits you need to power up your Google social networking:
- Post thoughtful content – link-bombing is just not cool. Tell everyone why this content is important or why it might interest them. Always add value!
- Share other people’s content – posting your own stuff is OK but don’t make it all about you!
- Engage with other people – find out about the latest trends on Google social networking or look for people with similar interests. Make intelligent comments and be to reply to others.
- Mention other people – If you share someone’s content, be sure to mention them with a thank you!
- Promote other people – Is someone you know awesome? Let other Google plussers know!
- Be consistent – in all your Google social networking activities
- Finish your profile – if you Google plus profile is incomplete, many people will not even circle you back. Make it interesting!
Stick with these basics for success with Google social networking. It’s all about building relationships with others.