You can embed Google Hangouts on Air on your website and easily promote a static URL ahead of time to your audience.
Launched in late 2012, Google Hangouts on Air is your one-stop shop for live-streamed broadcasts with multiple participants. This makes it very easy for you to do webinars for a live audience with video, audio and chat.
There are some valuable features of the Google+ Hangout Onair that can help you propel your business to new heights.
- Broadcast Publically: You live Google Hang Out can be seen by the world! What great visibility for you and your business. And with Google’s integration of products and services, viewer can watch from Google Plus, your YouTube challenge or any website you embed your Hangouts on Air.
- Track Engagement: During the Google Hangouts On Air broadcast, the number of viewers is shown to the Hangout host. This will give you a good idea of engagement. If people drop off during the broadcast, you can make it more engaging next time.
- Recordings: Here is the best part! After the Hangout, Google automatically uploads a recording to your YouTube channel. If anyone missed your live webinar broadcast, they can easily catch it later!
Best Way to View Your Hangouts on Air
There are many ways for people to view your live Google Hangouts on Air. The best way is to Embed Google+ Hangouts on a static website page.
There are advantages to promoting your Hangouts via a static WordPress page on your website. Here are three top benefits:
- You will have a single URL that you always use for any Google Hangouts on Air that you broadcast. For example, http://yourdomain.com/hangout
- It will be broadcast from your website, so you automatically drive more traffic there.
- You can track activity with the same statistical or Analytics programs you usually use.
Google Hangouts on Air – Embed the Live Player
This is so easy! Here are the steps to embed the live Hangouts on Air into your webpage.These instructions assume WordPress.
- Create and Save new Page. Name it hangout.
- Add any promotional content that you want to appear on the page.
- From Google Plus, start a new Hangouts on Air broadcast.
- Enter the required information and then click Start Hangout on Air.
- At the top of the new window that appears, click Embed.
- Copy the unique embed code. Paste the embed code into your WordPress page. Make sure you update the Page so your viewers see the Google Hangouts on Air broadcast when they refresh it. Each broadcast you do will have its own unique embed code.
That’s it! Now viewers can watch your broadcast directly from your website.
Here’s a hot tip. If you have an opt-in form below the where the Live Google Hangout appears on your page, you can get a boost in leads!